Last month’s bookmarks from pinboard.in:
- A Massive Guide to Building a RESTful API for Your Mobile App - Savvy Apps “In our experience, we’ve found that establishing guidelines on how to build better APIs for mobile apps saves time and effort during development and reduces headache later on in the process…. We wrote this guide to outline the best practices for building out APIs, web services, and databases for mobile apps and mobile clients. In this post, we go in-depth on creating a RESTful API specifically for mobile apps.”
- Calendar Versioning — CalVer “CalVer is a software versioning convention that is based on your project’s release calendar, instead of arbitrary numbers.”
- How to turn your website into a PWA | Max Böck - Frontend Web Developer “A Progressive Web App, or PWA, uses modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like user experience. Any website can be a PWA - here’s how to do it.”
- Fountain Pen Buying Guide: 7 Options Under $30 | WIRED “We’ve rounded up seven inexpensive fountain pens (all are under $30; one is only $3) that either are disposable or employ swappable cartridges to make refilling simple and tidy.”
- Wildcard Certificates Coming January 2018 - Let’s Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates Wildcard certificates will be offered free of charge via our upcoming ACME v2 API endpoint. We will initially only support base domain validation via DNS for wildcard certificates, but may explore additional validation options over time.