Bookmarks for 1 July through 19 July
- 3 shell scripts: Kill weasel words, avoid the passive, eliminate duplicates – “So, I’ve decided to replace myself with a shell script. In particular, I’ve created shell scripts for catching three problems: the passive voice, weasel words, and
- [0811.0113] A Bayesian Framework for Opinion Updates – “Opinion Dynamics lacks a theoretical basis. In this article, I propose to use a decision-theoretic framework, based on the updating of subjective probabilities, as that basis. We will see we get a basic tool for a better understanding of the interaction between the agents in Opinion Dynamics problems and for creating new models.”
- TexoTela jQuery – newsticker – A fade-in/fade-out newsticker for jQuery.
- jQuery liScroll – a jQuery News Ticker – “liScroll is a jQuery plugin that transforms any given unordered list into a scrolling News Ticker.”
- Taguchi methods – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – “Taguchi methods are statistical methods developed by Genichi Taguchi to improve the quality of manufactured goods, and more recently also applied to, engineering, biotechnology, marketing and advertising.”