Bookmarks for 18 May through 2 June
- [1006.0200] The 1958 Pekeris-Accad-WEIZAC Ground-Breaking Collaboration that computed Ground States of Two-Electron Atoms (and its 2010 Redux) – Koutschan and Zeilberger examine and “re-enact” Pekeris’s 1958 calculation of the ground state of the two-electron atom.
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures – “This is a dictionary of algorithms, algorithmic techniques, data structures, archetypal problems, and related definitions.” Hosted at NIST.
- pkg(5) on ohloh.net – pkg(5)‘s repository is now mirrored at genunix.org, so we have ohloh’s code and commit analysis. I’ll never catch any of those guys.
- Towards Enterprise-Class Compatibility for Apache Hadoop (Hadoop and Distributed Computing at Yahoo!) – The Yahoo! Hadoop team has classified the Hadoop interfaces, using a taxonomy derived from the OpenSolaris ARC interface taxonomy.
- Eric Schrock, Debugging AJAX in production – ACM Queue – I missed this article last year, but Eric’s written a nice essay with some example code for improving the debuggability of AJAX applications.