Bookmarks for 17 March through 22 April
- MIT Center for Collective Intelligence – “Our basic research question is: How can people and computers be connected so that—collectively—they act more intelligently than any individuals, groups, or computers have ever done before?‘”
- Online Reputation Systems: How to Design One That Does What You Need – The Magazine – MIT Sloan Management Review – Specific questions to consider when designing a reputation system.
- The stunning pictures of sleeping insects covered in early morning dew | Mail Online – “These remarkable photographs were taken by physiotherapist Miroslaw Swietek at around 3am in the forest next to his home. / Using a torch, the 37-year-old amateur photographer hunts out the motionless bugs in the darkness before setting up his camera and flash just millimetres from them.”
- Life on the OutSide: Step-by-Step guide to Install OpenSolaris with Automated Installer (2009.06) – Andrew provides a worked example of installing a customized system using AI.
- [0902.2920] A phenomenological model of protein folding – “We construct a phenomenological effective field theory model that describes the universality class of biologically active single-strand proteins. The model allows both for an explicit construction of native state protein conformations, and a dynamical description of protein folding and unfolding processes.”