Bookmarks for 8 February through 4 March
- Home – genetify – GitHub – A/B (vector) testing framework that uses genetic programming to optimize the test outcome.
- The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web – a practical guide to web typography – “Robert Bringhurst’s book The Elements of Typographic Style is on many a designer’s bookshelf and is considered to be a classic in the field…. In order to allay some of the myths surrounding typography on the web, I have structured this website to step through Bringhurst’s working principles, explaining how to accomplish each using techniques available in HTML and CSS.”
- USGS Multi-Hazards Demonstration Project ARkStorm: West Coast Storm Scenario – “The USGS Multi Hazards Demonstration Project (MHDP) is preparing a new emergency-preparedness scenario, called ARkStorm, to address massive U.S. West Coast storms analogous to those that devastated California in 1861–62. Storms of this magnitude are projected to become more frequent and intense as a result of climate change.” The 1861-1862 storm lasted 45 days and flooded the Sacramento Valley.
- Why Menlo Park spoke out against Saltworks project – San Jose Mercury News – Menlo Park’s City Council passed a resolution opposing the 50⁄50 plan for Saltworks. Interesting fact: Saltworks would be 17 times larger than the last Bay fill project–Oakland International Airport, 1968.
- End-to-end… and everything in between: Do a “pkg image-update” with multiple zones!!! – Dan shows how to update multiple zones using pkg(5)’s integrated handling for arbitrarily located images and beadm(1M). Dan’s multiple zone configuration is an example of how to use zones to secure an Internet-facing system.