Bookmarks for 11 October through 20 October
- Bug 6186 – OpenSolaris package renaming – Rich has been working through every package in OpenSolaris, proposing friendlier and guessable names.
- OGB 2009⁄009 ReleaseNotes – Genunix – OGB 2009⁄009 are the release notes for the proposed OpenSolaris constitution. The OGB’s using co-ment.net for interactive comment handling on the draft as well.
- manifold – Project Hosting on Google Code – Manifold, an smf(5) manifest creation assistant, has a project page on Google Gode.
- chrismiles: Quickly create SMF service manifests for Solaris using Manifold – Chris has written a Python-based tool that guides one through the creation of a new service manifest for smf(5): answer the questions, get a manifest.
- building an ON IPS repository – Liane Praza’s Weblog – Liane comments on her work with Mark to convert the OS/Net consolidation (“ON”) to build image packages natively, rather than through our importer magic.