These are my links for January 19th through March 1st:
- How to Build a Speech-Jamming Gun – Technology Review – Waiting for the inevitable headphones that auto-respond with "stop copying me!"…
- Why I’m ditching the Arduino software platform – Alan’s Ramblings – Alan's ditching Arduino's stack and going to the metal; write() is reason enough.
- Brendan’s blog » The USE Method: Solaris Performance Checklist – RT @brendangregg: new blog post: the USE Method: Solaris performance checklist
- brianfrankcooper/YCSB – GitHub – "The goal of the YCSB project is to develop a framework and common set of workloads for evaluating the performance of different “key-value” and “cloud” serving stores."
- Regular Expression Matching with a Trigram Index – "… Code Search is no longer online. To mark the occasion, I thought it would be appropriate to write a little about how Code Search worked. The actual Code Search was built on top of Google's world-class document indexing and retrieval tools; this article is accompanied by an implementation that works well enough to index and search large code bases on a single computer."
- The Trello Tech Stack – Fog Creek Blog – "We have consistently opted for promising (and often troublesome) new technologies that would deliver an awesome experience over more mature alternatives. We’re about a year in, and it’s been a lot of fun."